More Choices at the Pump at Hennen’s Auto Service | Business
Hennen’s Auto Service, located at 807 1st Ave. E. in Shakopee, has expanded its fuel offerings. The station now offers E30 and E15 fuels, as well as conventional gasoline blends and diesel. The station has also rebranded itself from a Shell to a Minnoco station. Both E30 and E15 are generally priced less per gallon than regular unleaded.
E30 is a blend of 30 percent ethanol and 70 percent gasoline, intended for use in flex fuel vehicles. A flex fuel vehicle is a car, truck, van or SUV designed to run on higher ethanol fuels like E30 or E85, as well as on conventional gasoline. There are more than 300,000 flex fuel vehicles registered in the state, says the American Lung Association in Minnesota, which has long recognized the value of cleaner-burning biofuels.
E15 is higher octane gasoline containing a 15 percent blend of ethanol, and can be used in a wider range of vehicles. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has approved the use of E15 fuel in cars, trucks and SUVs model year 2001 and newer, representing approximately 75 percent of the vehicles on Minnesota roads now.
The new dispensers offering E15 and E30 were made possible, in part, through a public-private partnership between the station owner and a coalition comprised of the American Lung Association in Minnesota, Minnesota Department of Agriculture, Growth Energy, Minnesota Bio-Fuels Association and the Minnesota Corn Growers Association/Minnesota Corn Research & Promotion Council.
Bob Moffitt is a community reporter.
Upcoming Events near Scott County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Soldier Surprise: Mom Overjoyed on 5th Anniversary of Son's Death
- Apple Valley Man Charged with Stealing $113k from his own Youth Sports Association
- Finance Manager Accused of Stealing $113K from Rosemount Area Athletic Association
- Twin Cities Premium Outlets Announces 30 New Stores Ahead of Opening
- Future of the Mississippi River is up for Debate